Saturday 7 June 2014

The Hat

Came home one day from golfing with a new hat I bought and a lady goes, "Why are you wearing a hat that says 'tit less'. Lol, I said, "it says 'titleist', it's a golf brand". Had a good laugh over that! Maybe me more than her tho :)  Made me think how many other people might be thinking the same as I walk around with my hat!

Kinda reminds me of songs that are misinterpreted on a large scale by fans. One of the famous ones is Bruce Springsteen's  Born In The USA. Most fans rock to it as an anthem but Bruce was writing about a character that is a Vietnam war Vet who comes homes questioning blind patriotism in the USA

Made me think that I may misunderstand songs myself at times, or purposely interject my own thoughts while listening to a song. As a songwriter I am aware that many fans pick up on key phrases or words in a song and transfer it to their own feelings and thinking, while others will go through the lyrics line by line and figure out the intended meaning. When writing I am aware of this, so I try to be as creative as possible. A good song is one where the fan feels they own it!!

Have a good day! Golfers, hit that "tit less" golf ball where you want it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment