Tuesday 12 August 2014

Beyond being a Celebrity

Back to blogging after a break doing some serious songwriting. At times I become single minded when writing, and everything else takes a back seat! Yeah, I took a break to go to Indy Toronto and spent some time writing an article for a friend, but music was in my heart and mind!

I was asked recently what's your first favorite rock band. For me it was Rush. Neil Peart had a house in the country on Greenlane Rd in Beamsville for awhile. I used to play road hockey across the street from his house and sometimes he would be out there mowing the lawn and sometimes he would speed by me in his sport car as I was walking home from the bus stop. I'd think , "What's the big deal?" LOL I was a fan of Shaun Cassidy at the time. Not really knowing how famous he was I use to think he was just a nice guy. He would wave if I walk by while he was cutting his lawn, or he would wave as he sped by in his sports car. And ain't that the judge of a person,,,not what their job is, but who they are. Sure it's nice to meet celebrities, but really, any celebrity I have ever meet hasn't really changed my life.
I should note I eventually did become a big Rush fan. One day I heard a few songs by Rush on the radio and I was hooked! And then he moved! Interesting story...One afternoon my bud and me were peeking around Neil's back stone shed watching them practice in his garage and Alex closed the door. But like I said, I wasn't a fan at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment